Monday, February 7, 2011

Hebrews 10:24-25

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds.  Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another- and all the more as you see the Day approaching    -- Hebrews 10:24-25

This is today's bible verse from HJC.  Since the onset of our relationship nine months ago, he has been sending me a verse of the scripture every morning.  Today's verse, in particular, doesn't really hit home run, for these daily verses usually have provided me with some sense of eye-opening or reassuring factor (more of the latter.)  However, this verse made me smile, because it was a reminder-- that amidst the limited and mundane lifestyles that we seem to have here on earth, there are blessings in the community and in the relationships that we have.  We have been always taught to love one another (I heard it so much that it has become mute propaganda to my ears), yet we are hardly reminded to bear good deeds onto each other.  While ideals like the pursuit of success and the oh-so-typical American Dream have fueled generations toward self-righteous and self-oriented glory, we seem to have become so negligent of the little things.

Baby steps, I tell myself.  The treacherous winter cold of Korea has frozen my face like that of Quasimodo-- still in horror and suffering.  But through His voice that I'm slowly beginning to recognize once again, and the relationships of loved ones, I feel that 2011 is a year of action.

Quasimodo statue at Notre Dame

No comments:

Post a Comment