Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Just Let me be a Debbie-Downer for Today

Usually I'm good at hiding it-- putting on this "I'm so sure of myself; you couldn't contain this (with a hint of Latifah) show, but sometimes I'm such a fearful child, kind of like Nina from Black Swan. There are those few moments when I really feel insecure and it shows.  Like yesterday-- I smiled and answered in a stern tone, but I know they saw through everything.  As I walked out of the interview, bombs of humility and regret dropped their anguish upon me.  And it was just too heavy to lift--

Over 24 hours had passed and I'm now wrestling.  In the process of brushing it off.  Reflecting can be both positive and negative-- the instance of the latter has the tendency to string up all the "failed" moments, "humiliated" moments, etc and form it into one big "fail" over your forehead.  Don't worry-- I'm not there yet, but my mind did flirt with the thought of it.

Better days. Better days. Better days..

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. baby like i told you before, you are a crouching tiger which is about to jump up in the air like 'ain't no mountain high enough' status. you gotta believe yourself! i believe in you...

    ReplyDelete