Sunday, April 8, 2012

FYI

For the past two months, I've worked. What was supposed to be part-time became a full time with some overtime. I wanted a part-time job for three reasons: 1) so I get myself out and deal with the world, more precisely, obtain a social life, 2) make a little dough (not a lot-- just a little so I don't feel like I'm wasting time), and 3) a part-time job so I can still do all the household duties. Who am I kidding, my husband pretty much takes care of the house. But I still wanted to come back from work in time to cook him dinner. So this "part-time" job was supposed to be perfect, but big mistake. More than the seriously creepy CEO of the company and the shitty $$ I get, the job demands hours-- long, strenuous hours preparing for the hours paid. Not to mention, the unnecessary bs of parent conference. Anyhow, I've never experienced an employer so unorganized, so flimsy, and so willing to bend over backwards for $$$. The more I work for such an employer, the more I realize how attainable a business can be in Korea.

What this "Korean experience" was to me three years ago is no longer the same now. What was so exciting and new, filled with spasms of youth and spirits of "carpe diem," has now become the complete opposite. It is not a bad thing in the sense. It is different-- radically different. I could see a chapter of my life has closed right before my eyes. And I find myself in the next, a bit familiar of my surroundings yet not completely aware of everything going on.  One thing remains though. I'm excited. :)

Movies:

13. Love Fiction: Cheesy as hell. I hated it.

14. I Don't Know How She Does It: Corny but it comments on a niche that is rarely commented. And with the moms I now deal with-- I found this movie amusing.

Books:


3. #$!% My Dad Says- funny and charming (4/1)

No comments:

Post a Comment