Monday, February 6, 2012

맛집 Part I

I'm going to make a list of places, mostly restaurants and cafes, to take my family and friends when they visit ^^  The only problem is I've gone to a lot, and by "a lot" I mean seriously countless, places but I really don't remember the names. Ugh, why!! Anyhow:

1. 차돌집-- Itaewon (best 차돌박이)
2.  Passion 5 -- Itaewon  (bakery, dessert cafe, brunch); the it-place of Itaewon currently
3.  Miel -- Chungdahm-dong (cafe); has been my favorite cafe especially when my husband and I were dating
4. 청담면옥 -- Chungdahm-dong; pretty good 갈비찜 and 냉면 but I don't quite remember if they had 떡 in the 갈비탕 which is a minus. EDIT: They do now and they changed the name.
5. 홍석천 마이타이-- Itaewon; Thai restaurant that is always packed.
6. 문타로 -- Itaewon; good sashimi's and kabobs and 짬뽕; I never entered without standing in line for at least ten minutes.
7. Between -- Itaewon; more hip than tasty
8. 도식당 -- Samsung-dong; this is a franchise but boasts a history of over 50 years. 한우등심 and after they mix rice and 깍두기 and it is really a unique after-gogi meal for the palette.
9. Dose Coses (sp?) - Hannamdong; Excellent brick oven pizza and it is always full during lunch and dinner times.
10. 청담안 -- Chungdahm-dong; This place is actually a 술집 and very pricey, but they have excellent appetizers. All their food is bombizees :)
11. 무등산 -- Chungdahm-dong; Bomb meat but very pricey. They give seaweed to wrap your meat instead of lettuce and 깻입, but you can ask for it. Supposedly a lot of celebrities go here but the only celebrity, for lack of better word, is .... omg! I totally forgot his name right now! It's the dude from 우결 with 서인영... the hip hop 교포 who got caught for marijuana.
12. Banana Grill -- Hannam-dong; Pretty good burgers and sandwiches near my house. I recommend the Philly's sandwich. YUM.  EDIT: I'm sick of their bread. It's just like the wheat bread from Subway.
13. 라우라우-- Chungdahm-dong; You must make reservations here but best 월남쌈
14. ONL --  Chungdahm-dong (straight into the alley of Butterfingers) Excellent food and ambience
15. The Flying Pan-- (Garosugil and Itaewon) Good for brunch. Their chicken sandwich is YUM :)

No comments:

Post a Comment