Saturday, January 14, 2012

Uneventful Weekend

3. The Tourist-- Angelina Jolie has aged. Period.  The movie is utterly forgettable (except for its gorgeous scenes of Venice), cheesy, and predictable. The music-- oh gawd. I'm not even going to go there.

4. The Girl with a Dragon Tattoo-- This was the first film we had seen in the theater in such a long time. We've become such couch potatoes and I blame the weather. It is so cold that my bones are too brittle to move. Anyhow, I see David Fincher all over this movie, but I don't know.  I see both pros and cons. It is stylish and high-paced, and I was completely drawn in. The editing was remarkably done-- We were in a rollercoaster and Fincher was controlling our every reaction, I feel like. It is thrilling and without a dull moment. However, I thought some themes could have been better communicated in other ways. For one example, the incessant scenes of fornication representative of Lisbeth's experience with actual love and acceptance is tritely overdone. Once is enough and it could have been delivered in other ways. I just think it needed to be more precisely put together, overall.


It is Saturday night, actually Sunday morning 12:34 here in Seoul.  I feel like my cooking has gotten better ^^ I actually am experimenting with different flavors and methods. Today, I attempted gochujang jjigae with slices of beef. I know in Korean custom, for any spicy soup, the appropriate meat is pork. But the beef broth allowed for a heartier flavor, kind of like soul food. For side dishes, I made 오댕 and 오징어채. It takes a long time to make everything and I wish he appreciated my efforts and presentation despite my PMS driven quarrels that I initiated during my preparation.. oh whatever. Anyways, I feel SO much better that we now have some 반찬.  For lunch, I made 미역국 and 계란말이. So much cooking in one day. Is it strawberry season by the way? They are like candy. YUM YUM.

No comments:

Post a Comment