Thursday, January 19, 2012

잔소리

Based on several accounts of my recent upheavals with close affiliates, I realized that personally, I place more value on loyalty than fairness when it comes to friendships. I found that loyalty is practiced by a much tighter demographic than I had thought. And rather coldly I faced a lot of conflicting views. Don't get me wrong; I welcome different perspectives and learn a lot from them. But when unmet expectations and sour appreciation take their toll on relationships, it really destroys the dynamic amongst people. Words have been exchanged and maybe when people hear an apology, they see a green light to throw words without restraint, without ever considering whether they are necessary or not. Some will remain self-righteous and never understand that an apology also comes with great humility-- an apology declared mainly as a consequence of 정, and an attempt to blanket any hurt that has been interchanged, (and not necessarily an admittance of fault.) But from the receiving end, I heard no regret.  Maybe it is yet again another coming of age phase that I'm in or another wake up call to evaluate the different aspects of my life.  Either way, it turns out that what my mother had been telling me all along-- the 잔소리 or what I'd now like to refer to as 'wisdom' -- is true and always has been.

2012 Reading check list:
1) Justice by Michael J. Sandel (done 1/16)
2) Superfreakonomics by Steven D. Levitt & Stephen J. Dubner (done 1/20)

Watched another disappointing movie last night:

5) Feast of Love. c-o-r-n-y and the slow fade outs after every scene couldn't have been louder in tackiness. Oh, and the entire script-- I cringed.

Gawd, my selection of movies is just so limited in my Catch On Demand. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment