Sunday, January 15, 2012

굴비 versus 조기

As I waved my "good-byes" to 2011, I had a conviction to keep everything that happened in 2011-- in 2011. But some thoughts and experiences often creep upon me and haunt me when I least expected them. They've become so familiar that I've come to terms with it. And I realize now that is sometimes better to wrestle with it and let it toil instead of burying it in the deep. Time will tell.

On another note, we went to church today-- to the 11:30 a.m. service.  Not a lazy Sunday today and we're very glad of it. We went to a 보리굴비정식 place in Yangjae. I was so excited to eat, for I'm a fan of  정식 and all of its beautiful 반찬. To my dismay, however, I learned after getting the anticipated main menu that the 보리굴비 is actually fish dried in wheat. It was like fish jerky-- completely dry and salty. 굴비 is the fish they dry out in the sun to be seasoned and cooked and 조기 refers to the fish undried. I was hoping for the latter with all the white fluff of fish straight out of the oven. Never again 굴비, never again.

EDIT: I was hating on 굴비 but I found out it's not really 굴비 that tastes like fish jerky. It is 보리굴비 that is super salty and dry. Regular 굴비 is actually tastes really good ^^ 

Current favorite flavor at Jamba Juice (because we all know favorites are subject to time) is banana berry. YUM. 

1 comment:

  1. baby, i'm felling you here...
    you sound happy in most parts and sad in some...
    i want you to feel my love no later than soon by my expression!
    you keep calling me... see you in bed baby... love you

    ReplyDelete